Daytime temps are rising and before you know it, Spring will
have 'Sprung' in the great state of Colorado. At ACE, we support
the CDOT efforts to raise awareness of the "Don't Be a
Road Hog. Share The Road Colorado" program. Per the
CDOT ... the program was created to increase awareness of the
shared responsibility for road safety among all users of roadways -
specifically motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians - in your
Check out these Tips For Sharing The Road, courtesy of the CDOT
"Don't Be a Road Hog. Share The Road Colorado"
- Focus on driving.
- Avoid cell phones and other personal devices while
- Keep your eye on cyclists and pedestrians. They have a
right to use all roads in Colorado unless expressly
- Keep track of cyclists and pedestrians in your rear and side
- Slow down.
- Cross in crosswalks. Pedestrians have the right of way at
crosswalks and intersections.
- Make eye-contact with drivers before crossing to ensure they
- Walk against traffic.
- Ride with the flow of traffic.
- Obey traffic laws ... you're in a vehicle too.
- To cross at a traffic signal that hasn't been triggered by a
vehicle, go to the sidewalk and press the pedestrian push-button or
- Ride single-file whenever possible.